Our Redeemer Evangelical Lutheran Church is a sister congregation of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
A brief summary of the Lutheran Confessions as taught at Our Redeemer Lutheran Church.
We Believe, Teach, and Confess:
- The Holy Scriptures are the inspired word of God and the source of all doctrine and living.
- All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (II Tim 3:16).
- Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth (John 17:17).
- … having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, in Whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord (Eph 2:20-21).
- The Lutheran Confessions are the correct exposition of the Scriptures.
- The Three Chief Symbols of the Holy Christian Church
- In order to obtain such saving faith our God Father, Son and Holy Spirit has instituted the Holy Sacraments.
- Holy Baptism
- Then all the land of Judea, and those from Jerusalem, went out to (John) and were all baptized by him in the Jordan River, confessing their sins (Mark 1:5).
- Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38).
- …let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water (Heb 10:22).
- Holy Communion
- As they were eating Jesus took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to the disciples and said, “Take, eat; this is My body.” The He took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it all of you. This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins (Matt 26:26-28).
- The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? (I Cor 10:16).
- Let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body (I Cor 11:28-29).
- …the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin (I John 1:7)
- Holy Keys
- I acknowledged my sin to You and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” and You forgave the guilt of my sin (Ps 32:5)
- And it shall be, when he is guilty in any of these matters, that he shall confess that he has sinned in that thing (Lev 5:5).
- If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained” (John 20:23).
- Holy Baptism
- The Divine Liturgy
- Surely the Lord is in this place and I did not know it. How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven (Gen 28:16-17).
- The Lord is in His holy temple. The Lord’s throne is in heaven (Ps 11:4).
- God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in Spirit and truth (John 4:24).
- You have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the festal gathering and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men make perfect, to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel. See that you do not refuse Him Who speaks…. (Heb 12:22-25).
- Jesus is all and in all
- All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth (Matt 28:18).
- You search the Scriptures for in them you believe you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me (John 5:39).
- “This is My beloved Son. Hear Him” (Matt 17:5).
- “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live” (John 11:25).
- For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen (Rom 11:36).
- And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all (Eph 1:22-23).
- I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty (Rev 1:8).
“I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!